Want create site? With Free visual composer you can do it easy.
- “I take this opportunity to express how grateful I am to Ernestine’s for allowing and creating a safe and comfortable living space for my son and me for an entire year. Thank you for your generous support and for helping me to experience a positive change. Continue to do the great job you do because every woman who comes through the doors of Ernestine’s is certainly changed and impacted in a positive way. Thank you so much.” – Former Client
- “We learned so much from Ernestine’s, after seeing so many people come and go and even sharing their stories with our mum. I really admired my mum for being and staying strong for us. Sometimes I can see the sadness in her eyes but being at Ernestine’s helped us to heal that pain, and smile again.” – Former Client
- “You guys made me stronger and helped me to walk out of the dark and bad place that I was in. I will forever keep you on my prayers and thank you for giving me the resources to be myself and be better. Thank you.” – Former Client
- “This opportunity has opened so many doors for me and I cannot thank you and the staff at Ernestine’s for always recognizing the potential I could not always see in myself. All of you are an inspiration.” – E.
- “This agency helped me in every way. Now I know who I am because now I am aware of the rights that I have in this country. I am very grateful for this shelter. If I hadn’t gotten help from this shelter, I do not know what would have become of me and my family. I appreciate the way the help was always at hand, and the staff was always listening to me and my kids when we weren’t feeling upset. Ernestine’s always goes above and beyond to help every client in this shelter.” – Former Client
- “Being at Ernestine’s has made a big difference in my brother’s and my life. Ernestine’s has helped us to get back as a family. After seeing what my mum had gone through, the rough times, it was hard for us. Ernestine’s staff are very lovely, warm and have such great hospitality. They make us feel at home and comfortable in every way in everything we do. With the help of Ernestine’s, my brother and I, and even my mum, are hoping to give back something big to the shelter one day.” – Former Client
- “I have been through some rough times in life before. However, Ernestine’s gave me hope, a new light, a new tomorrow, and a new life. Before I made that call for help, it was one of my darkest moments of life and I was desperately in need for support, but the moment I arrived at the doorsteps of Ernestine’s, I knew then that my son and I were in a safe place. As the weeks went by, I began to realize that not only had I found a safe place but I also had found a group of people whom I considered my family and whom I can trust and rely on. Ernestine’s was and will always be a safe haven for me.” – Former Client
- “I am a better me today because of Ernestine’s. My self-esteem and confidence have increased; I do not live in fear anymore and I feel empowered and hopeful. I want to say how grateful I am to everyone at Ernestine’s for positively and effectively impacting my life and the life of so many other women. Thanks also to all of your sponsors, volunteers, and to all the other kind and generous people who gave and are continuing to give a lending hand. A special thanks to Sharlene (Executive Director) for building such an awesome team of caring workers. Your vision, hard work, leadership, and determination have made a significant impact in our lives. You have made positive change possible. Turning battered women into empowered ones. A heartfelt thanks to Ernestine’s; I am and will always be grateful.” – Former Client
- “For the first time in my life, I am able to stand on my own two feet and take care of myself and my daughter. And I could not have done this if Ernestine’s hadn’t given me a home when I had no other place to go to and when I didn’t have anyone else to turn to. So whatever I have done and achieved, I could not have done it without Ernestine’s and all the wonderful counsellors at the shelter. In the year that I stayed at Ernestine’s, I learned and changed so much. I became a different woman thanks to the shelter and everyone’s support. Knowing that the shelter and all the wonderful staff are there when I need them – even though it’s been almost two years since I moved out of Ernestine’s – that gave me the strength to get through everything. I’m so grateful for it.” – Z.
- “Ernestine’s has created an environment where I feel like if I ever need someone, even if it’s the middle of the night, I can just pick up the phone and talk to someone. It’s been 6 years since I moved out, but my outreach worker still calls me and makes sure I’m okay. Ernestine’s has been such a huge support throughout my journey. I feel like they’re always thinking of me.” – J.
- “Ernestine’s, through your genuine expression of concern for my safety and that of my children I gained strength to persevere during the scary situation, especially being a new immigrant. The Child and Youth team supported me in school and daycare registration for my boys. Each staff gave me their timeless support with matters regarding housing, custody, and most of all my career-oriented issues. The Outreach team helped and still helps me to access the food bank and any other kind of emotional support.” – N.
- “Ernestine’s Women’s Shelter does make a difference in society. They help mould and reshape our minds and offer us a different future. Thank you Ernestine’s for giving my family a different, better future. It was all I could have ever wished for.” – E.
- “I found myself hurt and alone at the doors of Ernestine’s Women’s Shelter. I was pregnant and fleeing my boyfriend who hit and abused me. Thanks to the staff and programs at Ernestine’s, I began to develop a stronger sense of self-worth. I don’t know where I would be without Ernestine’s.” – Former Client
- “I felt depressed. I was at a low point in my life and I needed help. The staff at Ernestine’s made the transition so easy for me and the kids. They gave me a space to cry and vent my experiences and pain, and for the first time I felt I was being listened to in a nonjudgmental way. The Child & Youth team supported me to enroll my children in school and daycare.” – N.
- “At Ernestine’s, I had the pleasure of acquiring a new family, the Ernestine’s family. I felt loved, my child was loved. I felt safe, I felt heard and most importantly, I was respected as a person. This is where I had the pleasure of interacting with the counsellors that respected and appreciated everyone that walked through the doors.” – K.
- “The moment we stepped into Ernestine’s, we were welcomed. We felt loved and cared for. We felt valued. Thank you to all the Ernestine’s supporters. Thank you for giving hope to the hopeless women and the children. Thank you for your protection.” – B.
- “The staff members have been awesome to my family and me. They helped us more than I can say. All I can say is that we’re grateful for all the support and help we got from this wonderful shelter. Thank you all.” – J.
- “Staff at Ernestine’s made sure we had everything we needed, took care of us like we were their own family members. We never felt so loved before. Ernestine’s was there when we needed them and they are home for us.” – D.
- “Ernestine’s is the place that took me in, no strings attached, and saved me from my abuser. And they were complete strangers. Yet, they were willing to love and care for me at the darkest moment of my life. For that, I am eternally grateful. Ernestine’s makes me want to be a better person.” – D.
- “I wish I could stay here forever because you supported me in finding my self-confidence. If I’m ever depressed, someone is always there who I trust and can talk to. You never gave up on me. You changed my life around.” – M.
- “The person I once was, I could no longer find within myself. I thought this was the end of the road for me. You all found ways to show me that possibilities existed in changing my situation and I found myself healing from everything that I had once thought had been lost, such as myself. You have given me unconditional support.” – R.
- “I felt safer there than I did in my own house. Before I was scared of being at my old home, it was like staying on the streets. I couldn’t say anything, I was too scared. Ernestine’s Women’s Shelter provided a supportive environment where I could finally sleep soundly at night.” – D.
- “Having somewhere that is safe and welcoming is how I feel about Ernestine’s. The staff genuinely have your best interest at heart, not because they have to, but because it matters to them. Being able to have people around you that are interested in the safety and wellbeing of you and your family is reassuring coming from a situation where you felt there would never be a safe calm.” – Former Client
- “A shelter is not a place I ever wanted to go, but here I am, and I am glad I came to Ernestine’s. Thank you for opening your door for me and my children.” – Former Client
- “Thank you very much for all your help and support. Our stay here at Ernestine’s has changed our lives. You opened our eyes to our rights. You gave us hope that after the crisis we had, there will a better life ahead of us. On behalf of all the women here at Ernestine’s, we thank all of you for helping us in our struggle to have a better and peaceful life.” – D.
- “I have never met a group of strangers that put so much effort into believing in each individual person that comes through the door. To the staff of Ernestine’s: you should all be very proud of your work – you all helped me a great deal. Thank you all for your support and most of all thank you for showing me the path of finding and loving myself. I will never forget you. I will never forget how you helped me to be happy.” – N.
- “Ernestine’s has touched my life and they will definitely never be forgotten.” – L.
Did you find apk for android? You can find new Free Android Games and apps.