Frequently Asked Questions
1. Who can come to Ernestine’s Women’s Shelter?
2. Can I bring my 15 year old son?
3. What does it cost to stay at Ernestine’s?
4. How do women and children get to Ernestine’s?
Some women come through referrals from the police or a hospital. Others search for information on the internet, or call our emergency phone line, some women learn about Ernestine’s through a friend or relative who know of our service. If a woman calls Ernestine’s and there is a space available our staff assists her in making a plan to get safety to the shelter.
5. What if Ernestine’s has no space?
6. How long can I stay?
7. Can I bring my pets?
Animals are not allowed to stay in the shelter unless it is a registered service dog, but Ernestine’s together with Safe Pet will find a caring place for your pet to stay. Your pet will be taken care of and cared for by volunteers.